Monday, May 6, 2013

Delicious Risotto with Lemon and Asparagus

This evening I made the risotto from the May 2013 issue of Cooking Light.  The only time I've eaten risotto before was at a local restaurant, but it was a pleasure to savor.

This risotto is cooked in the microwave, so it was super easy.  I did make a mistake and cook the risotto without a cover in the microwave, but IT Prof and I thought the risotto was absolutely delicious anyway.  In fact , IT Prof told me that, unlike most of the foods I cook from new recipes, the risotto was perfectly spiced.  Is that a backhanded compliment or what?  However, IT Prof liked the risotto so much that it was good that I dished out my portion first because he couldn't stop eating the rest of it.

The risotto was time-consuming in that I had to stir it every four minutes, but the result is worth it.  Plus I could work on other parts of the meal while the risotto was in the microwave.  I calculated the Weight Watchers PointsPlus value from the information provided by the magazine; there are nine points.  Nine points are a big percentage of my daily allowance, but I will cheerfully eat raw carrots all day to enjoy this risotto for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment