Monday, October 24, 2011

Memories from the Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild Show at UMKC on Saturday, October 1, 2011--Part 5

Here are a few more photos from the Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild show earlier this month.  Today's beauties were all made by a quilter named Mary Anne Williams.

Don't you just love the fabrics and colors in this quilt?  It reminds me of a happy spring day.  I also think that, if you were careful about the colors, the pattern would make a great stash buster scrap quilt.  For example, I would be unhappy with the result using this pattern if I were to mix some of my Civil War reproduction fabric with bright children's fabric.



This is another happy-looking quilt.  The colors are exactly what were my daughters' favorites when they were young, so I think of my daughters when I look at this quilt.  I also like this quilt because the pattern looks like one I could actually make myself.



The members of this guild certainly are talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment