Friday, January 13, 2012

Gifts from Santa's 2011 Workshop--Continued Yet Again

Yesterday I mentioned the Cow Pillows I made for the Clown Wife's birthday.  Here is a closeup of the binding.  The tiny cows amuse me.  I think the opportunity to combine these two fabrics was what sold me on the entire project to begin with.




The photo below shows the Round Robin quilt, Autumnal Blessings, I worked on with a couple members of my guild.  I absolutely love it.  The two ladies who made most of the blocks did such beautiful work.  Although, this, too, is not a Christmas project, I did quilt it in Santa's Workshop during this past October.

I know exactly where I'm going to hang it up in the house, but I need someone to help me end up with level brackets for the rod.  (Hint!  Hint!)




And, last, but not least, an actual Christmas 2011 project I made to join the rest of the family's stockings hanging from the mantel over the fireplace.




My mother-in-law started us off by needlepointing by hand five beautiful stockings for us years ago.  I do not needlepoint.  So, the stockings we've added over the last nine years have been quilted.  Thus, the tradition continues but by using my personal abilities.

None of the three stockings I have made is exactly like one of the others because I only allow myself to use fabrics from my stash.  Fortunately, that hasn't exactly limited me, and I really like it that our stockings are all homemade.

No comments:

Post a Comment