Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Memories from the Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild Show at UMKC on Saturday, October 1, 2011--Part 3

Today we return to photos from the Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild Show at UMKC on Saturday, October 1, 2011.

Jaime David made the dramatic quilt below.  I really like its deceptive simplicity and contrast between the colors of the streaks of lightning and the background.  All those perfect points required a great deal care in their construction.  Also, if you study the quilt carefully, you can see how intricate the quilting is.  


Jenifer Dick belongs to the Lee's Summit Quilters Guild, which is the guild I, too, am a member of.  Jenifer's new book, Quilt Retro: 11 Designs to Make Your Own, has just been published.  My mother still has a wooden spoon and fork hanging on one of her walls, so I feel quite nostalgic when I look at this jolly quilt.  I love all the blues and greens in the quilt.


I hope you enjoy seeing today's quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment