Thursday, April 5, 2012

I'm Back!

Originally I was going to write all about Winter Retreat when I returned, but then daily life has interfered.

However, non-sewing projects have been accomplished, if not completed.

First, after he waited four-and-one-half years, my son finally got his bathroom painted as I promised.  I painted it while he was out of town and found I rather enjoy "stealth painting."  The bathroom walls basically inhaled the first coat of paint, so I had to apply three coats of paint total.  Luckily, I like the blue Tremor selected.  And, even luckier, I still had its formula, so I could buy more paint of that color from Lowe's after the second coat took care of the first gallon of paint.

Second, IT Prof and I traveled to Columbia, MO for a short trip.  Poor IT Prof had a business meeting.  I, however, was able to visit two really good quilt shops, Satin Stitches and Appletree Quilting.  I had a great day!

Third,  I cut the grass/dandelions at church for the first time in 2012 and established my new personal best: just four hours!  Even better, the rain held off until I actually sat down in my car and closed the door as I prepared to leave church.  My luck usually isn't that good.

I'm still playing catch-up with other tasks, so I had better go work on them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment